Family Decisions around Eldercare
Goal – to promote awareness and discussion of the tricky topic of eldercare and to bring it out into the open. To help people appreciate that every family goes through similar issues.
Core understandings and themes of Family Decisions around Eldercare Training may include:
- Looking after elderly parents/aunt or uncle/ partner/ sibling
- Communication within the family about decisions to be made
- Deciding who is responsible for looking after parents
- Enduring Power of Attorney
- What is best for the older person?
- Denial and reluctance to face issues
- Family carers – dealing with stress and burnout